Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you get energy from T accounts and debits/credits? Do you enjoy influencing people and having an impact on company strategy? We’re looking for a confident, attentive, and enthusiastic individual to join the PolicyGenius Finance team and report to the Director of Finance!
The Finance team is at the heart of the Company. We ensure that financial performance is forecasted and tracked and that each department has the financial data it needs to meet goals. We’re looking for someone who has a strong attention to detail, a passion for problem-solving and a knack for teamwork. You will work with the Director of Finance to help steer the Company’s financial success. We’re at an early (but exciting!) stage of the company’s growth. As the second hire on the Finance team, you will have a unique opportunity to play an integral role in developing PG’s financial strategy and help to build some processes from the ground up!
- A trustworthy and principled individual. You always take the high road and handle confidential information with the utmost care.
- Passionate about numbers and precision. You believe in accuracy and understand the importance of a solid foundation to a company financial model. More importantly, you’re willing to do whatever it takes to get us there.
- Able to take the wheel before being asked. You are a self-driven and diligent project manager who is highly motivated, process-driven, and meticulous by nature. You’re super-organized and constantly demonstrate great follow-through.
- Willing to go the extra mile. You are hyper-aware of your surroundings with an energetic go-getter mentality and possess a “no job too big or small” attitude.
- Intrinsically curious. You are a creative thinker and innovative problem solver who is continuously looking for ways to better what exists.
- Hyper-focused on quality. You don’t cut corners, even in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You maintain excellent written and communication skills. You consistently raise the bar on delivering a top-notch product.
- Nimble. You are a highly productive, skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize while wearing many hats and juggling many balls. You are able to pivot quickly and on-the-fly.
- Maintain real time reporting to company stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Complete our full monthly and annual close; including reconciling our accounts and completing a budget to actual analysis for the Director of Finance and the executive team.
- Maintain tracking for financial goals and reporting out on trends.
- Own the reconciliation of all customer payments to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Organize and maintain all payables and resolve any vendor payment issues.
- Problem solve accounting and finance issues with creative and mind-blowing solutions.
You must have...
- A BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A CPA or have at least passed all required exams.
- Ideally 3+ years of successful Big 4 tax experience with a proven track record of success and experience.
- Insurance brokerage or agency experience in the accounting and finance is preferable but not required.
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and previous experience with QuickBooks or a similar system.
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills.
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Excitement and commitment to growing with a fintech startup company and a passion for PolicyGenius’ mission and product.
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)