In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Quality assurance at PolicyGenius
Do you like ensuring that processes are efficient and work gets done the right way? Do you have an eye for detail and the ability to train and coach frontline employees on the right mindsets and behaviors? Do you want to work with company leadership to build the foundation of the greatest customer organization in insurance?
Then come join the PolicyGenius quality assurance team!
This role is in the PolicyGenius life insurance organization: delivering the training and onboarding program for new life insurance agents, running our agent quality assurance program, and working with management to deliver the highest levels of customer-service quality.
- Drive your own onboarding and training; quickly master an in-depth knowledge of our products, tools, and processes.
- Develop, implement and lead a modularized, A-to-Z onboarding program for new frontline insurance agents on our sales and customer service teams, which can be easily adjusted to match a new hire's level of experience and industry knowledge
- Design and administer a new agent licensing program, including:
- Completing and submitting license applications
- Scheduling study time and exams (in collaboration with managers)
- Ensuring that new agents are prepared to pass the appropriate licensing exam within the specified timeframe (~3 weeks)
- Assess our existing quality assurance processes; based on findings, build and implement a best-in-class quality assurance program that will scale with us as we grow.
- Complete regular evaluations of agent interactions; leverage data gathered to provide impactful and audience-specific insights to agents, managers, and company leadership.
- Provide professional development coaching and upskilling trainings on an as needed basis.
- Manage ongoing licensing requirements for the agent organization, the company and the CEO, including renewals and continuing education requirements.
- As the team scales and business needs change, develop and deliver ongoing training programs that drive quality, engagement, and retention.
- Subject matter expert in insurance, financial services or related field
- Demonstrated experience as a leader within a team, with a passion for coaching and mentoring
- Earned trust with your manager, as well as your peers, for your dependability, discretion and maturity
- Proven project management and prioritization skills
- Effective problem-solving skills with an eye for identifying and implementing process improvements
- Endless patience and a can-do, positive attitude
- Robust people skills: sound judgment when navigating interpersonal dynamics, comfort when managing difficult conversations, and ability to deliver direct feedback with empathy and tact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an attention to detail
- A drive to learn and to share your learnings with others
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, including prior experience in training, quality assurance, or compliance
- A bachelor’s degree and a life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO and opportunities for paid training
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)