In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Case Management at Policygenius
Do you have a knack for customer problem-solving and an eye for detail? Do you like take pride in delivering an organized and complete work product for customers? Are you an experienced people leader?
Then come join the Policygenius case management team!
This role is the critical link among our life insurance customers, agents and insurance partners. You’re managing the case management team, which: ensures application packages are in good order, gathers and reviews underwriting requirements, and helps our customers secure the best available offer for their life insurance needs.
- Directly manage a case management team and own their individual and team-level performance
- Align direct reports on team goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide them regular visibility into the progress toward those goals; ensure they have the performance feedback/data they need to optimally perform
- Provide daily coaching and supervision through: side-by-sides, retroactive ticket review and team huddles
- Ensure that queues are supervised and processed on a daily basis
- Deliver regular structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews and professional development discussions
- Drive daily, weekly and monthly adherence to SLAs
- Handle scheduling to ensure sufficient coverage during hours of operation
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel for immediate team; deliver on hiring targets set by direct manager
- In concert with the quality assurance team, ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to PG quality standards
- Work with team leads to handle client escalations and vendor issues
- Build followership and be known as someone people want to work for
- Participate in cross-team meetings to drive overall operations improvements
- Provide actionable feedback from clients and the team to drive process and product improvements
- Partner with the business and technology team to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the Policygenius client service organization
- Using quantitative and qualitative data, monitor progress toward set goals and identify areas for improvement
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (founders, operations directors and VP) focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
- Earned trust with strong performance in your current role, dependability and maturity
- Strong management and prioritization skills; previous management or player-coach experience
- A ‘getting things done’ mindset, focused on organization and prioritization
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and a passion for people, motivating & inspiring team members, and performance management
- Demonstrated people skills: sound judgment in people situations, ability to have difficult conversations, ability to deliver feedback in line with the PG model, empathy and tact
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Case management subject matter expertise and workflow mastery not required, but appreciated
- Life, accident & health insurance agent license a plus (but we'll cover the licensing costs as necessary)
- At least 4 years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at Policygenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)