In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Customer success at PolicyGenius
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to work with company leadership to build the foundation of the greatest customer organization in insurance?
Then come join the PolicyGenius customer success team!
This role is on the front line of the PolicyGenius life insurance organization: helping our customers secure life insurance coverage, managing the “last mile” of the process, handling inbound inquiries and service requests for in force policies, and ensuring our customers become promoters and referrers because of the great experience they had with us.
- Perform a player-coach role for the customer success team: coaching associates while still performing associate-level activities as necessary
- Manage client escalations and difficult team conversations -- both directly and via coaching & tactical guidance
- Ensure the day-to-day success of the team, which includes coaching & answering questions, tactical feedback, supervising queues and managing agent stations
- Own your professional development to become an operations manager
- Help associates prioritize work and serve as right-hand person for your direct manager
- Identify opportunities for improvement (i.e., process, strategy, tools, culture, etc.) in the customer success team; work with manager to develop and execute small initiatives to capture those opportunities
- Build followership and be known as someone people want to work with
- Participate in cross-team meetings to drive overall operations improvements
- Work collaboratively with peers and other operations team leads and managers to benchmark and implement best practices
- Provide actionable feedback from clients and the team to drive process and product improvements
- Partner with the business and technology team to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the PolicyGenius client service organization
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and workflow mastery for the customer success team
- Earned trust with strong performance in your current role, dependability and maturity
- Strong management and prioritization skills
- A customer success mindset -- motivated by getting clients to the finish line and generating loyalty, retention and referrals from an exceptional experience
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and a passion for coaching & mentorship
- Demonstrated people skills: sound judgment in people situations, ability to have difficult conversations, ability to deliver feedback in line with the PG model, empathy and tact
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- A bachelor’s degree and a life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO and opportunities for paid training
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)