In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Business & Corporate Development at PolicyGenius
Are you passionate about partnering with others and building a business? Do you enjoy strategically seeking out new opportunities? We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our Business & Corporate Development team!
The Business & Corporate Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue-generating partnerships at PolicyGenius. We are creative and data-driven in figuring out ways to grow the business; currently employing referral relationships, affiliate marketing, mobile offerings, and more integrated digital solutions for our partners. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us and our partners.
In the first-ever role of its kind, the B&C Dev Manager will report to the Director of Business & Corporate Development and work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering. This is an important role that will also have C-level exposure!
- A communicator. Great at corresponding via email, but even better when speaking on the phone.
- Able to take the wheel before being asked. You are self-driven and diligent, with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Curious. Someone who can figure out how to navigate an organization - both internal and external - to achieve your objectives.
- Intuitive. A person who thrives in an ambiguous environment. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Strategic. Can research a new product, and develop a go-to market strategy.
- Inquisitive. You ask smart questions, to come up with creative solutions.
- Nimble. You are a skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize while wearing many hats and juggling many balls.
- Strategically prospect for new or grow existing partnerships and opportunities at PolicyGenius
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale partnerships properly implemented.
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new market, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Put together clear and concise presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, that you will need to meet or exceed.
- 3+ years of experience (preferably in business development or marketing), with strong examples of quantifiable business impact. Affiliate marketing experience is a plus!
- Strong interpersonal skills. Personable and can quickly engender people’s confidences. You are able to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results.
- Experience working with a data visualization product (Tableau, Chartio, etc.)
- Strong business acumen, financial modeling, and analytical abilities.
- A sense of urgency when completing tasks.
- A deep aptitude for numbers, able to understand complex business and product strategies.
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and communicating with stakeholders across multiple teams.
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, & life insurance
- A brand-new, custom designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Any equipment you need to do your job
- Unlimited vacation
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dogs not only welcome at the office, but strongly encouraged