About the role...
Are you a people person? Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you care about making others’ days better? We’re looking to create a melodious trio by bringing on an outstanding Executive Assistant to support our two co-founders and report into the VP of People.
The People team is the anchor of PolicyGenius’ values and culture--and the Executive Assistant role plays an integral part in building and maintaining that foundation! In the first role of its kind at PolicyGenius, the Executive Assistant will keep all of the PG trains running on time. We’re looking for someone who can navigate multiple competing, urgent priorities with seemingly effortless empathy and ease. Come join us in helping to build something great from the ground up!
- Graceful under pressure. You are able to multitask and prioritize many different assignments and needs, all while looking cool as a cucumber.
- A vault. You are trusted with others’ take-it-to-the-grave secrets. You understand the importance of confidentiality, on both a business and personal level. You always demonstrate reliability and follow through on your promises.
- An organizational junkie. Systematic planning, cataloging, and color coordination gives you a natural high. You keep things organized not because you have to, but because it’s a way of life.
- An exceptional communicator. Your written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are so superior that people might think you host a late night talk show as your side hustle.
- Willing to go the extra mile. You are hyper-aware of surroundings with a positive, energetic go-getter mentality and possess a “no job too big or small” attitude.
- A natural people person with gut instincts. Colleagues and external stakeholders look to you for direction and feel supported by you because you are passionate about people and building a great work culture.
- Always one step ahead. You can anticipate one’s needs without having to be asked and never needing to be reminded.
- Provide professional and confidential executive support to the co-founders.
- Act as a gatekeeper and first point of contact for the co-founders by screening telephone calls/emails, inquiries, and requests and managing or referring them as appropriate.
- Own heavy calendar management, resolve any appointment scheduling conflicts, and orchestrate meetings with employees and external contacts.
- Problem-solve and make judgment calls on priorities based on other calendars, projects, customer meetings, stakeholders, interviews, etc.
- Become familiar with organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Manage and reconcile monthly expense reports on behalf of the co-founders.
- Arrange co-founder business travel, including air & ground transportation, lodging, and dining reservations.
- Lean in on other special projects and administration as needed by the People team--such as culture & events, office operations, candidate handling, etc.
You must have…
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 2+ years employment experience in a fast-paced environment serving as an Executive Assistant (or similar role) a plus
- An upbeat, positive attitude and a welcoming, calm demeanor
- Experience project-managing several busy calendars (preferably in Google Calendar)
- Tech savviness and knowledge of Google G Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Mail)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; comfort communicating clearly and efficiently with internal colleagues, as well as external partners, investors and customers
- Unwavering attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Drive to work independently with little direction, as well as collaboratively with many different colleagues
- Ability to adapt well to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving startup environment
- Passion for PolicyGenius’ mission and product, and excitement about growing with a fintech startup company
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, & life insurance
- A brand-new, custom designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Any equipment you need to do your job
- Paid training and unlimited vacation
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership and opportunities for growth
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)