In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Product at PG...
Product at PolicyGenius has two components:
- The strategic: answering what we do, why we do it and when we do it
- The tactical: figuring out how we do it, doing it and determining did it work
We work on both the strategic and tactical components to ensure the end-to-end success of the product.
As a PM, you’ll balance both problem-solving and process, the strategic and the tactical, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between design, engineering, and business to the development and optimization of our digital products. You will manage the day-to-day work of a cross-functional team (spanning design, engineering, marketing and operations) to implement the product vision of the company.
About the role…
Have you meaningfully grown a user base through your own unique, personalized SEO strategies? Do you have a deep passion for SEO and building products to optimize consumer discoverability? In the Product Manager, SEO role, you will develop, own, and execute our SEO strategy across both our main PolicyGenius platform and our content site. Exciting stuff!
You will work directly with marketing and product leadership to identify and define SEO priorities. You will partner with other PolicyGenius leaders to ensure our product, content and engineering roadmap align with our SEO and audience growth goals.
- Define, manage, and evolve our SEO strategy, roadmap & vision to meaningfully grow our audience.This includes: regular site audits, comprehensive keyword research, inbound link generation, content generation, and competitive analysis
- Develop and clearly articulate business cases for SEO investment - tying outcomes to measurable KPIs including revenue and user acquisition
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining an SEO product roadmap including:
- Define the business and user requirements for the product and work with design and engineering to scope out their respective work
- Translate the strategy into the tactical components: features, stories and workplans
- Quarterback the build and implementation with design and engineering; problem-solve blockers; own the business parts of product
- Own the tactical product process: story creation, ticket acceptance, asset management and the product feature pipeline
- Manage the team to the workplan and deadlines
- Communicate status updates, at the right level and frequency, to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure the timely delivery of the product that meets the PolicyGenius high bar for user experience
- Be responsible for SEO performance, dashboards, and data from other platforms, and use insights to inform our product and content roadmap
- Identify key structural, technical, & editorial optimizations to improve SEO performance of our core pages
- Be the thought leader on search technology and search industry changes, gaining a deep knowledge of desktop, mobile and social search
- Partner closely with content team to develop a successful content marketing strategy
- An experienced SEO product manager (5+ years experience). Experience working at a personal finance content organization a plus
- Proficient with SQL, Excel, and SEO tools (Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, BrightEdge, LinkDex, Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog, etc.)
- Well-versed in link building strategies that scale. You have experience driving high volume and quality link campaigns
- Experienced in multivariate testing on-page changes to test what is in fact working
- An expert on search engine ranking factors, algorithms and core SEO principles
- Well-connected within the SEO community
- Experienced at shipping a variety of products and can speak to the process of designing and building them with great detail
- You have high emotional intelligence to relate the products to customer needs
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)