In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $22 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About the role...
As the Director of Retention Marketing, you will drive ongoing retention analytics and marketing communications in order to continuously improve our customer engagement, retention, and lifetime value. You’ll be the steward of the customer journey, driving conversion and retention efforts across email, direct mail, SMS, referral campaigns and more. You’ll concentrate on engaging new customers through the purchasing funnel and keep our existing users happy, active, & engaged.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position will work cross-functionally across the full Marketing team, and have high-impact touch points with Design, Product, Operations and Engineering to launch both new initiatives and optimize existing ones
- Develop, execute, monitor and manage all aspects of retention marketing across multiple product funnels and channels (e.g., email, SMS and mail) including new channel exploration, the development of test plans, creative development, vendor management, and campaign execution and analysis. Heavy focus on developing personalization strategies using client insights to customize messaging, email templates, contact cadence, and a holistic experience across channels.
- Partner with the acquisition and product marketing teams to ensure our lead generation efforts are optimized for conversion.
- Collaborate with the operations and sales teams to develop and optimize campaigns to close leads.
- Alongside the analytics and product teams, work to build and implement systems and processes to effectively track and measure key retention KPIs, maintain a sophisticated and nuanced view of our funnel, and keep an eye toward continuously improving via ongoing retention marketing innovation.
- Expand email file via site optimizations (e.g., email capture forms) and creative tactics (for example sweepstakes, contests, partnerships, co-registration and other tactics).
- Work together with product to optimize onsite prompts and CTAs to encourage customers to take key actions on our site (e.g., get a quote)
- Over time, build and lead a team of retention marketers
- An experienced retention marketing leader - experience building and leading a retention marketing organization at a leading consumer web company (5+ years’ experience). Experience at a growth stage startup preferred.
- Right and left brained - possessing a deadly combo of creativity and analytical thinking, you ruthlessly use data in pursuit of improving conversion while crafting resonant, customer-centric messaging to evolve our dialogue.
- An excellent communicator - you don’t have to be the next great 21st century author, but you can craft strategic messaging that speaks to customers emotionally and rationally based on changing contexts and lifecycle phases.
- Well-versed in a variety of marketing tech platforms - email/CRM (Iterable, Klaviyo, etc.), analytics (Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.), and landing pages (Unbounce), among others. (Basic technical skills are a plus, including HTML, CSS, and SQL.)
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)