In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $22 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About the role...
We’re expanding our executive team and are looking for a sharp, passionate and seasoned leader to join us. As VP of Marketing, you will own PolicyGenius’ marketing strategy to fuel the growth of our customer base, shape our brand/creative message, and build/oversee a lively, talented marketing team.
The VP of Marketing will drive strategy and execution to build brand awareness and messaging, plan and optimize marketing spend, run paid marketing channels, and drive lifecycle marketing strategies. The role will oversee all efforts around segmenting, targeting, and communicating with customers, with an eye toward building awareness and driving cost-effective new customer acquisition. This role includes online + offline marketing and media buying--including paid social media/Facebook, SEO/SEM, and digital media, OOH, direct-mail, radio and TV.
The ideal candidate is someone who is energized by the challenge of a dynamic, fast-growing company and obsessed with contributing unique and inspiring ideas. You’ll report directly to our co-founder and will have the resources you need to build a tight-knit team of direct response and brand marketers.
Branding & Awareness
- Own the branding, positioning and messaging strategy for PolicyGenius and develop a plan to leverage creative to deliver on business and marketing objectives
- Create marketing plans for our products and deploy optimal messaging and creative throughout the customer journey
- Drive our PR efforts to position PolicyGenius as as a leader among insurance and fintech companies
- Develop an integrated marketing strategy to exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets with an eye on cost. Plan and execute against the company’s ambitious goals for customer growth
- Own marketing efforts across social, mobile, search, offline (e.g. audio, direct mail, OOH, TV), remarketing, display and more
- Scale new & existing performance marketing channels while maintaining high, demonstrable ROI. Continually work to drive CAC down and CLTV up
- Oversee the integrity of our measurement and attribution software stack
- Work with the product team to optimize landing screens and user flows to maximize conversion rates
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of customer journeys and lifetime value by channel and segment
- Lead the creation and execution of ongoing customer retention efforts and referral programs, and measure the quantitative and qualitative impact on customer behavior
Management & Planning
- Recruit and hire exceptional team members and oversee day-to-day management of marketing team
- Prepare and present progress against goals and relevant marketing metrics to team, cross functional groups and management
- Work with our finance team to forecast and plan paid marketing expenses and results. Establish and maintain budget and resource allocations across all marketing channels and functions
- Partner with our analytics team to collaborate on and serve as the primary end user for marketing data infrastructure and internal attribution model. Help develop data models, reports and dashboards for use by channel managers, board members, and everyone in between
- Collaborate closely with product and customer services teams to better understand our customers’ needs, communicate them effectively and launch new features that matter
- Champion and drive the shared vision and language for the brand’s mission, for external communication and internal culture building
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing experience, especially as part of a growth stage B2C startup with large marketing budgets. Fintech marketing experience a plus
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities, who combines a strong understanding of storytelling and consumer empathy with a data-informed and analytical mindset
- A foundation of executional marketing roles followed by more recent strategic/leadership roles
- Experience building marketing programs and leading a successful team
- Prior experience with both branding and customer acquisition marketing, and deep knowledge in at least one
- Entrepreneurial/self-starter: you can build something out of nothing and possess the ability to try different things with minimal oversight
- Operational understanding of the marketing team’s contributions to the business P&L and sound fiscal judgment
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects, including branding
- Perceptive analytical skills (bonus points for fluent use of spreadsheets, SQL, and BI software (Tableau)
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)