In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Editorial at PolicyGenius
What’s the best way to avoid a $3,000 medical bill? What are the best countries to vacation on $50 per day? How do Xennials budget? Are Xennials even an a thing? The editorial team at PolicyGenius is building a full-scale digital magazine about personal finance and financial protection to answer these questions and more. It’ll provide helpful educational tidbits and interesting cultural perspectives. We’ll both entertain and inform, and help readers make better financial choices.
The Engagement Editor will build communities and grow readership around entertaining and informative content. You’ll ideate and create content in conjunction with our Sr. Editor, Personal Finance to maximize content reach and report to our VP of Content. This will be the first Engagement Editor role at PolicyGenius.
- Eager to join a FinTech startup with the potential to change a massive industry
- Obsessed with writing content that gets shared, and working to distribute that content in social channels
- Excited to represent the voice of a fresh, new brand in social media as it builds its marketing presence
- Curious to a fault, and energized by creative problem solving
- Results-oriented, but flexible in your thinking about how you’ll get there
- Grow audiences on our existing social media platforms 10x and build communities where we haven’t launched yet
- Expand the reach of our helpful and entertaining content via every form of distribution platform
- Conceive and write highly shareable content, ideate shareable concepts for videos that you’ll create with our video team
- Manage social analytics and report on growth
- Manage a budget for social promotion and report on campaigns
- Oversee 10x growth in social referral traffic
- Ideate and execute platform-native social campaigns to engage with audiences on various social channels
- Help readers discover and engage with our financial self-assessment and protection tools
- Help millions of people get the financial protection they need
- 3+ years experience with a proven track record building actively-engaged digital communities
- A sixth sense for social media—what types of stories get shared frequently on which platforms, what framing techniques and communication styles fly and which fall flat
- Experience managing budgets for paid social promotion to scale audiences for targeted interests & demographics
- Tested methodologies for maximizing community engagement with content
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
We’ve already captured the attention of the media and the insurance industry...
The New York Times
Looking Out for Yourself With Disability Insurance