In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Service at PolicyGenius
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for clients? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to work closely with the company leadership to build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the PolicyGenius team!
This role is on the front line of the PolicyGenius client experience: managing all inbound disability insurance clients and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process!). You will be the external voice of PolicyGenius to our users, so a positive attitude and great communication are a must. The role sits within our Operations team, and will report directly to our Disability Product Manager. If you love interacting with people and want to be in on the ground floor of a new team, this is the job for you!
What you will own...
- Onboarding of new disability insurance clients into the application & underwriting process
- Ensuring a seamless, transparent client experience with an emphasis on education, not sales
- Fielding questions about disability insurance and how it fits in client’s financial plans
- Providing actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Working with the rest of the DI team to hit monthly goals
What we expect from you...
- Knowledge of and at least 1 year’s work experience in disability insurance sales or service
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills, and passion for service
- Strong phone and email communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A bachelor’s degree and a life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license is required
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, & life insurance
- Bonus compensation structured around production and positive user feedback
- A brand-new, custom designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)