In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
We love to learn. And to ask questions. We’re passionate, caring and a little quirky. We hope there is something non-work related that gets you really excited, because we’d love to share in it.
We’ll set you up with whichever tools you need to succeed (hardware, software, books, etc). And you’ll work in our sweet new office space in Flatiron!
We’re into Agile and Lean, with an emphasis on light process that keeps us focused and happy. We perform code reviews in Github, we pair program and we keep ourselves in check with continuous integration.
What you will do...
- Work closely with our product engineers to build, test and scale our systems and applications
- Define infrastructure as code on Google Cloud Platform/Kubernetes using related tools (Helm, Sops, GDM, Ansible etc.)
- Help develop and design architectures for engineering to utilize the cloud and related technologies innovatively
- Build and refine our continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) solutions
- Keep abreast of the latest in cloud technologies and recommended architectures
- Create monitoring solutions, both internally and externally hosted
What we expect from you...
- You have a strong Linux and systems engineering/devops background
- You love automation and can’t wait to do away with repetitive tasks
- You believe that devops isn’t just another term for infrastructure, and is all about collaboration and mutual education between engineers
- You have used a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- You are proficient in at least one common scripting language (python, bash, ruby, etc)
Technologies we use...
- Google Cloud Platform, AWS
- Kubernetes, Helm, Docker
- Postgres, BigQuery, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Buildkite, Jenkins, NewRelic, Segment, Chartio, Percy
- Go (golang), Python, Ruby/Rails, Node, TypeScript
- BLT, SCUBA, JFK, UFO, TBD, BBQ, ROFL
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO and opportunities for paid training
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)