In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Service at PolicyGenius
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for clients? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to work directly with the company founders to build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance?
Then come join the PolicyGenius team!
This role is on the front line of the PolicyGenius client experience: managing all inbound life insurance clients and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process!)
What you will own...
- Onboard new life insurance clients into the application & underwriting process
- Address clients’ questions about life insurance, the policy they’re applying for and the application process
- Communicate the PolicyGenius value proposition to clients and address questions and concerns
- Conduct thorough field underwriting at the start of the process to ensure a successful client outcome (and handle pre-underwriting as necessary for complicated applications)
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Professionally communicate to clients through multiple channels: phone, email, chat and SMS
- Master the workflows and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (customer service, customer success, case management and quality assurance)
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Partner with the business and technology team to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the PolicyGenius operations organization
What we expect from you...
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- A sales mindset -- motivated by connecting a prospective customer with a product that meets their needs
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Knowledge of and at least 1 year of work experience in term life insurance sales or service
- A bachelor’s degree preferred and a life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and 100% company paid health, dental, vision and life insurance
- A brand-new, custom designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Any equipment you need to do your job
- Paid training and unlimited vacation
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)