In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About Case Management at Pg…
Our Case Management and Sales Associate teams work side by side to provide an easy and seamless experience for clients applying for life insurance. As we like to put it: they’re bread and butter. Ying and Yang. Case Management and Sales Associates... You get the picture.
Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from initial application submission through to offer.
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for clients? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to work directly with other company stakeholders to build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Policygenius team!
As a Case Management Associate, you would be using and expanding these skills. You would be part of a close-knit team that gets to experience the immediate impact of Policygenius’ life insurance product.
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, from submission to carrier through to approval – be the go-to for and conduit for all current cases
- Request all supplementary underwriting requirements from clients – including information, personal details, and supplemental forms – via electronic communication
- Carry out regular case review and follow up on all outstanding underwriting requirements with an emphasis on speed to approval
- Order, and review underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, supplemental forms and other medical requirements for submission to the insurance carrier
- Together with the customer service team, address customer questions about the underwriting process, carrier requirements and other service issues
- Take initiative to review other than applied for offers (AOTAs) to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Maintain internal processing database to document work activity and communication on all assigned cases
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Master all carrier workflows, underwriting processes and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Partner with the business and technology team to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the Policygenius client service organization
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- A service mindset – motivated by solving problems for clients and your team
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset – you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Humility and an openness to learn
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Ability to communicate precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Strong attention to detail and self-management
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately
- Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
- Knowledge of and at least 2 years of work experience in term life insurance case management, service or sales (underwriting experience a plus)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Key success metrics for your role…
- Conversion of applications in underwriting to approval
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer interaction quality score
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)