Marketing at Policygenius...
The Policygenius marketing team isn't afraid to tackle the daunting challenge of changing consumers' minds about a distrusted, disliked industry. Our customer journeys are nuanced and our product mix is complex, but it’s an even match—this team is composed of disciplined problem solvers who always fight for what's best for the customer.
About the role….
Policygenius is hiring a Social Media Manager to create, implement, and own a social media strategy that promotes our original editorial content, highlights our product offerings, and shows off our company culture across the internet. This role will report to the Senior Brand Manager as part of the Brand Marketing team.
Are you the friend people turn to when they don't understand how Twitter works? Can you spot Instagram #sponcon a mile away? Do you have opinions about how brands use memes? This could be the right role for you.
In this role, you will…
- Write and schedule organic social media posts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to start, with an eye on how new platforms could be incorporated into the mix
- Moderate comments, replies, and direct messages on both organic and paid social content
- Evangelize social media best practices throughout the Marketing department
- Work with the Brand team to concept and execute social-first projects that educate our audience about insurance and show off the knowledge of our in-house experts
- Collaborate with teams across the company to identify and capitalize on new opportunities for social media use
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You're a stellar copywriter and copyeditor
- …(with a sense of humor that shines through in your work)
- You have 2-4 years of experience in a social media, copywriting, or digital media role; a 4-year degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is a huge plus!
- You have a native user's understanding of social media platforms
- You've managed social for a brand and/or spent years growing your personal accounts
- You're enthusiastic about owning the social media strategy of a fast-growing startup
- You have the self-discipline to see projects through from start to finish
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!