Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About the role...
The Policygenius Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Syndication & Partnerships Manager will pitch our content to major publishing outlets and build out strong content distribution channels. This role will report to the Senior Media Relations Manager.
- Strategically prospect for new or grow existing syndication partnerships and distribution opportunities
- Engage with potential partners via phone and email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Develop and manage relationships with journalists, partners and other external contacts
- Establish, track and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years experience in media/public relations, communications, journalism or similar field
- A proven track record of building a syndication network and/or strong relationships with major news organizations and finance blogs
- A wide network of contacts in publishing and media who you communicate with regularly
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excitement about joining a fast-growing startup
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!