Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
The Policygenius Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Editorial Partnerships Manager will pitch our content to major publishing outlets and build out strong content distribution channels. This role will report to the Senior Media Relations Manager.
- Strategically prospect for new or grow existing syndication partnerships and distribution opportunities
- Engage with potential partners via phone and email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Develop and manage relationships with journalists, partners and other external contacts
- Establish, track and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years experience in media/public relations, communications, journalism or similar field
- A proven track record of building a syndication network and/or strong relationships with major news organizations and finance blogs
- A wide network of contacts in publishing and media who you communicate with regularly
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excitement about joining a fast-growing startup
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)