Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About the role…
We believe that recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, and has a meaningful effect on our company culture and employee experience. As a Recruiting Business Partner on the People team at Pg, you will play an essential role in building and retaining our extraordinary team in the Durham headquarters, driving hiring strategy and managing the day-to-day of a busy recruiting pipeline while supporting a growing office. You will serve as a trusted partner to your hiring managers and a transparent advocate for your candidates, always seeking the best possible experience for everyone involved; and you’ll serve as a crucial link to our New York headquarters to support and foster our unique culture as we expand.
This role reports to the Director of Recruiting and Talent Strategy.
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a variety of requisitions, including sourcing active and passive candidates through creative channels, screening resumes, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, and coordinating offers
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for engaged candidates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback and create an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Support hiring managers as a trusted partner and coach in all talent-related matters; including but not limited to hiring strategy & decision-making, onboarding, employee experience, talent development and employee retention
- Serve as the go-to person for Durham employees who have questions about policies, benefits, and everyday HR questions; collaborate with NYC-based people ops, employee experience, and recruiting teammates to effectively support a scaling team
- Collaborate with people team leadership and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders to drive people programs and talent model strategy--including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, employee fulfillment, and internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting and HR-adjacent experience, ideally in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage and hire amazing talent
- Exposure to and understanding of critical people programs & practices, including onboarding, coaching, performance management, employee relations, and more
- Natural, authentic people skills and the ability to build trust-based relationships and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proven resilience and cool under pressure; comfort managing a robust pipeline of candidates across multiple searches while juggling ad hoc employee requests and competing priorities
- A proactive mindset and bias toward action, coupled with exemplary judgment and empathy; demonstrated ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions on behalf of the business
- A metrics- and process-orientation and a passion for clean data
- Experience with recruiting and HR tools (ATS, HRIS, LinkedIn, etc) and techniques
- Passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need and help them feel good about it!
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!