Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role:
Are you the one your friends go to for product recommendations? Do you like digging into the nitty-gritty to find the best solution for everything? Do you have a soft spot for communicating with both numbers and words? We’re growing our content team and looking for someone to take ownership of our product and company reviews and support our ambitious content growth.
The Reviews Editor will lead the research and creation of best-in-class financial reviews, ranging from insurance carriers to apps to banks and other institutions, by translating financial jargon and boiling down pros, cons, and features into quantifiable metrics. This role will report to the Senior Content Strategy Manager and work closely with our editors and product team.
- Write, refresh and edit long-form review content across multiple personal finance verticals
- Conduct extensive research on various personal finance products and institutions
- Compare relevant factors to create comprehensive and easy-to-understand rating methodology for review content
- Interview customers and potential users for feedback on and benchmarking of content
- Collaborate with our Senior Content Strategy Manager and product teams to help create best-in-class tools and content components
- 2+ years experience researching and writing review content
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as Operations, SEO, and Marketing
- Knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh… It’s a secret!)