Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About the role...
Policygenius is looking for a self-motivated and adaptable IT Support Engineer to join our Technical Operations function! We’re looking for someone to support our growing team and work directly with our 200+ employees (and counting!) across multiple teams in NYC. The ideal candidate should be excited about creating a seamless employee experience while delivering exceptional technical support.
Reporting into our Senior Manager of Technical Operations, you’ll be working on various projects and building your technical skills as we scale.
- Act as the first point of escalation for resolving all internal IT software, hardware, and wireless network connectivity issues.
- Own hardware and software system access for employee onboarding and offboarding (including Slack, Google groups, and general user administration)
- Troubleshoot setup, connectivity, functionality, and update issues for Macs and PCs; administer workstation hardening, encryption, anti-virus installation and configuration
- Maintain conference room hardware (including projectors, computing equipment, audio/visual, telephony)
- Collaborate with members of the People team for internal event functions
- Manage and prioritize multiple workstreams to address a variety of tickets
- 3+ years of professional experience in IT, including hands-on experience with help desk support, service desk management and system administration
- Strong technical knowledge of MacOS, Windows, and a wide variety of SaaS solutions (e.g. G-Suite, JAMF, Okta, Slack, Keeper, Atlassian, etc).
- Knowledge of Active directory, DHCP, DNS, and Radius services; familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, Bash, etc)
- Stellar verbal & written communication, and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Outstanding project management, change management, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to juggle several tasks at once
- Tenacity, the ability to tackle problems head on, and a self-starter mindset
- A sense of urgency and high level of productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!