Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
As Director of Business Operations for our Life Insurance team, you will lead a high performing, multi-disciplinary team and work cross functionally to develop strategic initiatives, deliver business impact, and delight our clients and strategic partners.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to balance problem-solving and process, think both strategically and tactically, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product and business intelligence. You should have experience developing a strategic roadmap and executing cross-functional initiatives at a high-growth technology or financial services company. You likely come from a deeply analytical background, with experience developing and scaling people processes with the goal of driving performance and delivering impact. The ideal candidate for this role is just the right mix of a skillful problem solver, thoughtful operator and dedicated people leader.
This role reports to the Vice President of Life Operations.
- Lead a small but mighty team that works across the Life Operations organization and with other stakeholders to ensure smooth and effortless operations during a period of rapid growth
- Analyze real time and historical performance metrics to maximize efficiency and mitigate issues; regularly report out on operational KPIs and SLAs
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to launch initiatives that will improve processes across Life Operations teams
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence and frontline teams to implement changes to market segmentation, workflows, and incentive systems
- Evaluate contact center data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, and risks and recommend actionable processes and tactics
- Create workforce management plans including forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring and reporting daily and monthly statistics; track progress of teams and individuals against targets
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders on other teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Manage special projects as needed
- 7+ years of experience leading strategic initiatives in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Prior experience in an operational, project management, or management consulting roles
- Strong business insight and strategy paired with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively navigate and influence change across all levels of an organization
- Excellent people management and coaching skills paired with a track record of leading business operations teams,from recruiting to performance management and professional development
- Natural curiosity, exceptional analytical skills and the ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize your findings and draw insightful conclusions
- The ability to remain focused and organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
- A go-getter attitude; you’re willing to be proactive and take on new projects and responsibilities
- Appreciation for a well-placed gif!!
Working at Policygenius…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)