Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Marketing at Policygenius...
The Policygenius marketing team isn’t afraid of tackling a daunting challenge: changing consumers’ minds about a distrusted, disliked industry. We’ve flipped insurance marketing on its head, believing that there’s more to it than just cookie-cutter policy selling. Instead, we educate and empower shoppers to pick what’s right for them. At the foundation of that relationship, we prioritize transparency and trust above all else. The Pg marketing team buckles in for a ride every day, because Fintech isn’t easy. Our customer journeys are nuanced and our product mix is complex, but it’s an even match—this team is composed of disciplined problem solvers who always fight for what’s best for the customer.
About the role...
Policygenius is looking for an energetic and talented Marketing Manager to join the Acquisition team. Reporting to the Director of Acquisition Marketing, this role will be responsible for managing and optimizing performance channels for our insurance verticals. These channels include, but are not limited to, SEM, paid social, display, podcasts and TV.
As the Performance Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and executing acquisition plans, managing campaign activations and analyzing performance. Passionate about data and proficient in Tableau and Google Analytics, you'll develop reports and dashboards in order to identify insights to drive optimizations and improved performance.
- Support online and offline channel acquisition complementing the work done by the product marketing, retention marketing, business development and content teams
- Develop, execute, monitor and manage multiple acquisition channels including test plans, creative development, vendor management, and campaign analysis
- Analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e., A/B and multivariate tests) to gain insights and evaluate refinements and optimizations
- Partner with the analytics and product teams to build and implement systems and processes to effectively track and measure key growth KPIs
- Maintain a sophisticated and nuanced view of our funnel, by channel, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product and marketing innovation
- Source and manage external vendor relationships where required for our growth goals
- 5+ years digital marketing experience managing campaigns across multiple channels
- A strong analytical toolkit with advanced skills using GA, Tableau and Excel. Experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments, data modeling and forecasting, and an understanding of attribution and how to leverage it to track marketing efforts
- Familiarity of current technologies/vendors and opinions on what to use to achieve targets
- Strong problem-solving skills with an orientation toward hypotheses and insights; you believe everything can and should be measured and evaluated for impact and scaling potential
- Creative and experimental chops; you want to be on the forefront of pioneering acquisition ideas that others will write about
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment; must be adaptable and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate and present at a senior level with company leadership as well as cross functionally
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!