Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role…
Fun fact: when asked about what they value in coming to work every day, 9 out of 10 Policygenius employees we surveyed mentioned the Policygenius team:
“I enjoy working with hardworking and hilarious people...who immediately elevate my work.”
“It’s great to work with individuals who value not only their personal work, but the people around them as well.”
“...this roughly translates to amazing people who help each other out to get their best work done as a team.”
We believe that recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, and has a profound impact on our company culture and employee experience. As a recruiting coordinator on the People team at Pg, you'll guide candidates through the Pg hiring process by coordinating interview teams, handling logistics, and communicating status updates. You will serve as a trusted partner to your hiring teams and a transparent advocate for your candidates, all while championing the best experience for everyone involved. This role reports to the Director of Recruiting & Talent Strategy.
- Act as the main point of contact for candidates throughout the hiring process, shepherding each candidate through a personalized and enjoyable experience at Pg
- Coordinate phone screens and onsite interview schedules for a busy candidate pipeline
- Craft interview prep materials and handle day-of logistics to ensure a flawless experience for both candidates and interviewers alike
- Manage our many systems (Gmail, Slack, Greenhouse, etc) to maintain data, communicate progress and provide transparency and credibility with candidates
- Collaborate with other recruiting team members to improve and streamline the scheduling process; build relationships with and support hiring teams across the organization
- Support the Pg People team with other special projects and program improvements, as needed!
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years of coordination experience, ideally in an entrepreneurial environment; recruiting or sourcing experience is a plus
- Impeccable follow up and attention to detail; experience seamlessly juggling multiple priorities at once without dropping anything
- A warm and empathetic communication style and the ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences, both internal and external
- Comfort and calm under pressure in a flexible, ever-changing environment; you handle changing priorities and tackle ambiguous problems with grace & charm
- Experience with email and calendaring tools (Google Suite, ATS like Greenhouse, Lever, etc)
- A metrics- and process-orientation and a real passion for clean data
- Appreciation for a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)