Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Policygenius is looking for a self-driven, adaptable, and quick-witted IT Specialist to join our Technical Operations function! We want someone who can support our growing team by working directly with our of 200+ employees (and counting!) across multiple teams here in NYC. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about creating a seamless employee experience while delivering exceptional technical support.
Reporting into our Senior Manager of Technical Operations, you’ll have the ability to work on various projects and continue building on your technical skills.
- Act as the first point of escalation for resolving all internal IT software, hardware, and wireless network connectivity issues including setup, connectivity, functionality, and update issues for Macs and PCs. Administer workstation hardening, encryption, anti-virus installation and configuration
- Own hardware and software system access for employee onboarding and offboarding (including Slack, Google groups, and general user administration)
- Maintain conference room hardware (including projectors, computing equipment, audio/visual, telephony)
- Tackle multiple tickets at the same time, addressing urgency as it may arise, and delegating both internally and externally with our vendors & 3rd party suppliers
- Survey and deploy new or existing network hardware, research relevant technology trends and provide recommendations for cost-effective solutions that provide the organization with a competitive advantage and increased productivity (including hosted platform capacity planning and budgeting)
- Manage & maintain IT asset inventory and software licensing, and work with management to ensure that systems and software are accurately recorded, tracked, and retired to 100% of accountability standards
- Establish and periodically report upon KPIs
- Wear your security and regulatory compliance goggles--including maintaining documentation, staying current on the law, and liaising with outside counsel where necessary
- Ideally 4+ years of professional experience in IT
- Strong technical knowledge of MacOS, Windows, and a wide variety of SaaS solutions (e.g. G-Suite, JAMF, Okta, Slack, Keeper, Atlassian, etc)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, Bash, etc)
- Proven, stellar written communication, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills--across all levels of an organization
- Strong project management, change management, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and skilled at wearing multiple hats and juggling many tickets
- A self-starter mindset who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or ad-hoc
- A sense of urgency and high level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)