Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Do you love building and scaling high-growth sales organizations while iterating on optimal processes and maintaining quality performance? Are you energized about motivating and developing a highly productive team? We’re looking for an experienced leader with a natural sales mindset to help grow the inside sales function of our Life Insurance business.
As the Director of Sales, you’ll scale, hire, and manage the Life Insurance sales function that supports the expansion goals of our business and serves the needs of our life insurance customers. We’ve built a strong foundation for a productive and growing inside sales team and are seeking a new leader to continue driving us towards success. Reporting into the VP of Life Operations, you’ll work collaboratively to develop a long term sales strategy to move Policygenius forward on its ambitious plan to become a leader in fintech.
- Lead a team of sales managers and high-performing life insurance advisors to design and set aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly targets and drive execution towards key performance metrics
- Own all aspects of people leadership and success in the inside sales org: recruiting, onboarding, training and continuing education, licensing, performance management, compensation, career development, team structuring, staffing forecasting, scheduling/timekeeping, day-to-day tactical coaching and mentoring
- Proactively identify and problem-solve issues related to lead conversion, quality, capacity and service levels
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to develop, champion, and launch new processes and initiatives to prepare the Life Sales team for scale
- Create a values-oriented team environment that rewards achievement, accountability and teamwork
- Develop and own the inside sales “playbook” for the company, including: multi-channel contact strategy for inbound leads, outbound and inbound call procedures and scripts, team workflows, escalation procedures, hours of operations, up/cross-selling, and quality assurance
- Provide timely and accurate executive-level reports of inside sales performance and forecasts of org needs
- Working with the VP of Operations, develop and execute the inside sales strategy to support growth and new product offerings
- 10+ years experience at a growth-stage tech or financial services company; proven track record of individual sales achievement
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing, training, and scaling a high-performing inside sales team in a high growth environment while recruiting and hiring top talent
- The ability to communicate, motivate, inspire and build trust with front line team members, direct reports, peers and executive leadership while demonstrating empathy, honesty and integrity
- Passion for coaching and mentoring on sales and customer engagement skills (e.g., empathetic listening, objection-handling, consultative selling, closing)
- Demonstrated success forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data and measuring sales performance to improve sales effectiveness
- Strong collaboration and decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting tight deadlines
- The ability to operate both strategically and tactically, and know when to toggle between the two
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and self-motivation to independently plan and manage projects & budgets with a tight focus on execution
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)