Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About the role...
Are you a people person? Do you like helping others solve problems and navigate their own way? Eager to be on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic People Operations Manager to join the Policygenius People team and report to the Director of People Operations!
You will work alongside key stakeholders to craft and carry out people programs to foster employee fulfillment and organizational effectiveness. You’ll help to deliver high-impact initiatives, design innovative programs, and develop processes across a myriad of strategic HR functions--including people development, talent management, org planning, employee relations, HR compliance, benefits, and compensation. You will get to play an integral role in continuing to develop Pg’s people strategy, enhancing people practices & culture, and even building some processes from the ground up!
- Respond to HR-related questions and matters that span a bevy of areas (including immigration, benefits, and onboarding/offboarding) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e. maintaining documentation, staying current on employment law, and leveraging outside counsel) where necessary.
- Collaborate with people team leadership and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders to drive people programs and talent model strategy--including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with the Director of People Operations to promote a culture of learning by supporting leaders and emerging leaders with unbiased perspective, counsel, and direct & caring feedback and providing coaching/guidance on skill-building, professional development, career pathing, change management, collaboration, and handling sticky situations to resolution.
- Become an expert in and manage our HRIS (Ultipro), acting as the point person for all system related inquiries, managing reporting, and streamlining processes and configuration where necessary.
- Constantly be evolving people ops practices by analyzing trends and utilizing data to inform, develop people programs, and influence change. You’ll also seek opportunities to leverage technology and/or more automation wherever you spot inefficiencies to better Pg’s practices.
- 4+ years of professional (ideally start-up) experience in various aspects of HR; Bachelor’s, PHR, and/or SHRM preferred
- Understanding of HR programs including total rewards, coaching, performance management, compliance/labor relations and experience using a complex HRIS system (i.e. Ultipro or Workday)
- Natural, authentic people skills. You have a knack for building trust-based relationships at all levels. You are a great listener, possess strong interpersonal skills, and are quick to build trust. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications--both written and verbal.
- Nimbleness. You know how to zoom out to think on behalf of an organization and can zoom in to tackle nuances at an individual level. You can pivot quickly on-the-fly--a listening ear to a concerned employee one moment and a trusted advisor to leadership the next. You hold a self-starter mindset and take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- Fluency in “people problem-solving.” You’re a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and the company.
- Alignment with Pg’s people philosophy. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing culture, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get us there. You know how to use data and tech to glean insights.
- Gumption to take the wheel before being asked. You consistently raise the bar on delivering a top-notch product. You are a self-driven and diligent project manager who is highly motivated, highly process-driven with exceptional attention to detail, and super-organized with great follow-through.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!