Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
Sales at Policygenius
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team and help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
This role is on the frontline of the Policygenius customer experience: working with our life insurance shoppers to ensure they get the coverage they need - and that they feel good about the process!
- Become a subject matter expert on life insurance and our product through targeted training
- Onboard new life insurance customers into our application & underwriting process
- Address customer questions about life insurance, the policy they’re applying for, and the application process, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat, and text
- Learn and practice consultative selling techniques to ensure we pair customers with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Collaborate with other operations teams (customer service, customer success, case management and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and KPIs in your daily work
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as needed
- A bachelor’s degree preferred, in addition to at least 1 year of work experience
- Strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone
- A sales mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, and effective problem-solving skills
- A desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)