Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Marketing at Policygenius...
At Policygenius, we prioritize consumer needs above all else—and it starts with our marketing. As a startup looking to disrupt centuries-old behemoths, we’re taking a completely different approach to help consumers understand financial protection. Through our educational content, direct tone, and emphasis on transparency, we empower them to make good financial decisions for themselves and their families.
About the role...
As the Director of CRM, you’ll be the steward of our customer journey. Through various conversion, re-engagement and cross-sell strategies, you’ll guide our customers from first visit to first purchase and beyond. More broadly, you’ll deepen our overall engagement with customers, keeping Policygenius top of mind for financial protection and advice.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position will work cross-functionally across the full Marketing team and have high-impact touch points with Operations, Product and Engineering.
- Define our cross-channel communication strategy across multiple products (life, home, auto, disability) and marketing channels (email, SMS, direct mail, landing pages, etc.)
- Grow our Pg community & email database through a variety of on-site, content and partnership opportunities
- Optimize our communication content and cadence through rigorous A/B testing and experimentation
- Develop segmentation and personalization strategies that deliver the right message at the right time to the right customer
- Measure, monitor and analyze CRM’s overall business impact and progress toward KPIs
- Collaborate with our Operations and Product teams to ensure consistency across the full customer journey
- Maintain healthy email deliverability best practices and confidently troubleshoot any roadblocks that may arise
- 7+ years of experience leading CRM and/or email marketing, growth stage startup preferred
- Hands-on experience with marketing and tech platforms (Iterable, Unbounce, Tableau, Google Analytics)
- Basic technical skills, including HTML, CSS, and SQL
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with Product, Customer Service and/or Sales teams
- Superior written and verbal communication skills for customer-facing and internal audiences
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)