Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
At Policygenius, we apply a rigorous data-driven approach to solving problems. Analytics is not just a buzzword but a tangible and proven way to measure performance and conduct experiments to improve all aspects of our business.
As the Product Manager focused on analytics, this role will be responsible for driving product improvements through deep data analysis. This role will also have the opportunity to take our current analytical processes and tools to the next level. Working across numerous functions, you will have countless opportunities to drive insights into action and ultimately impact a consumer product that is fundamentally transforming the insurance industry!
- Own key aspects of the product roadmap to drive continuous improvement
- Define and monitor success metrics
- Develop ideas for new features for more customer engagement and higher conversion
- Provide in-depth analyses across Marketing, Product, and Design to understand customer behavior
- Design & execute AB testing and multivariate testing plans to test hypotheses
- Incorporate insights from adjacent functions, e.g. customer profiles, marketing activities, website design & development, downstream conversion, etc.
- Carry out ad hoc data analyses from data acquisition to insights
- Research leading practices in product analytics to enhance and expand our analysis and reporting capabilities
- A strong track record (3+ years) of optimizing digital / online product for end customers; experience analyzing mobile app performance is a plus
- Tangible experience analyzing online product performance with clear, quantifiable results
- The ability to work across departments to build products that delight customers and deliver business impact
- A strong analytical mindset, driven by curiosity with a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- Comfort and desire to take the wheel and tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- The ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate ideas to stakeholders across different functions and levels
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Segment and other similar measurement tools
- Firm understanding of AB testing methodology, statistics fundamentals, and related tools
- Fluency in SQL with experience in data visualization in Tableau or similar tools
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred; background in computer science / software engineering a plus
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)