Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Do you have a knack for customer problem-solving and an eye for detail? Do you take pride in delivering an organized and complete work product for customers? Are you an experienced team motivator and people leader? Then come join the Policygenius Customer Success Team!
This role is a critical link among our life insurance customers, agents and insurance partners. You’re managing the Customer Success Team, who collect all final requirements and get clients cross the finish line in their life insurance purchasing journey.
- Manage a team of agents and own their individual and team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, and professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide regular visibility into the progress toward those goals
- Provide daily coaching and supervision through side-by-sides, retroactive call/ticket review and team huddles
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel of your immediate team by delivering on hiring targets set by direct manager
- Ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to Pg quality standards in concert with our quality assurance team
- Work with team leads to handle client escalations and vendor issues
- Provide actionable feedback from clients and the team to drive process and product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders,VP, Directors) focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience required
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in client and carrier/vendor relations
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize throughout the day
- A teamwork mindset and strong management skills, including a passion for people, motivating & inspiring team members, and performance management
- Demonstrated people skills, including sound judgment in people situations, ability to have difficult conversations, ability to deliver feedback in line with the Pg model, empathy and tact
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn -- raising the bar for yourself and your team
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)