Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Design at Policygenius...
Is insurance really a creative opportunity? Not usually. But Policygenius is different. As a startup pitting itself against the behemoths of the industry, doing great work is key to our success. It’s also a lot more fun than making boring work.
As our first Motion Designer, you’ll report in to our Creative Director and work with our Creative team to make Policygenius a household name. You’ll create animated video assets for all digital media, including paid social, digital out of home, our website and more.
- Concept, edit and animate engaging video for all digital channels
- Build our visual tone alongside our verbal tone, and differentiate Pg in the marketplace
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Design teams to evolve our brand experience and present and communicate your visions clearly across departments
- Take an idea from strategy, to insight, right through to finished video assets
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze performance and make recommendations on advertising design, site design or features to improve the effectiveness of our advertising and product
- Identify and proactively pursue new marketing opportunities
- Help maintain visual consistency across all marketing efforts
- A portfolio of strong ideas, beautifully executed
- Excellent motion graphics and animation skills
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform, with specific expertise in After Effects and Premiere. Cinema4D a plus!
- Strong layout, illustration, graphic design, and typography skills
- The ability to translate creative concepts into strong visual storytelling
- 4+ years professional experience in motion design
- BS degree in Design, Motion Design, Film, or related field
- A sense of humor lol
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)