Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Do you like being on your toes in a flourishing environment? Do you get energy from T accounts and debits/credits? Do you enjoy influencing people and making an impact on company strategy? We’re looking for a confident, attentive, and enthusiastic individual to join the Policygenius Finance team!
The Finance team is at the heart of everything Policygenius does. We ensure that financial performance is forecasted and tracked and that each department has the financial data it needs to meet goals. Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will have a unique opportunity to play an integral role in developing Pg’s financial strategy and building processes from the ground up!
- Maintain real-time reporting to company stakeholders, both internal and external
- Collaborate with the accounting manager to build out and account for revenue transactions
- Track financial goals and report out on trends in revenue
- Help complete our full monthly and annual close; including balancing our accounts and preparing reports for the finance and executive teams
- Reconcile all customer payments to ensure complete and accurate reporting
- Identify process-related issues and problem-solve to build new procedures
- Assist with T&E management
- 1+ years of successful accounting or tax experience (experience at an insurance agency/brokerage a plus)
- A Bachelor’s degree and CPA preferred
- A passion for numbers & precision; you understand the importance of company financials and do not compromise on accuracy
- An energetic, go-getter mentality and a “no job too big or small” attitude
- Incredible attention to detail and a knack for teamwork
- Experience identifying problems and making timely, effective, principles-based improvements
- Excitement to join a tech startup and a passion for Policygenius’ mission and product
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs., and QuickBooks or a similar system
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- Flexible PTO
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)