Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that’s making shopping for financial protection products faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact. As Director of Product, you’ll balance both problem-solving and process, the strategic and the tactical, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between design, engineering, and business to develop products that delight consumers and deliver business impact. You will manage a team responsible for our existing insurance products and for exploring new protection verticals.
This role reports directly to our Founder and Chief Product Officer.
- Set a clear and compelling strategy and roadmap for the product area you own
- Lead a team of high-performing product managers to develop and ship elegant and intuitive features that solve customer problems and deliver business impact
- Elevate the productivity and performance of your team through mentorship and coaching
- Champion processes and initiatives that make the product organization better
- Collaborate effectively with senior leaders in engineering, design and business functions
- Produce high quality analysis on the business impact of your product area
- 7+ years experience building web or mobile products, including B2C experience
- 2+ years experience building and leading product teams
- A history of successfully recruiting and performance-managing product teams; demonstrated skill developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice (informed by product leaders like Marty Cagan) and opinions on where product is going next
- An ability to work cross-functionally across departments to prioritize and build products that delight customers, and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation with a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure business impact
- Insightful problem-solving skills and the ability to balance the strategic with the tactical
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred
- Background in computer science / software engineering a plus
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)