Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making shopping for financial protection products faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a leader in the Fintech space. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out a world-class product organization. We hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact.
About the role
In this Principal Product Manager role, you will develop and bring to market a financial app that will help millions of customers with their financial needs. Exciting stuff!
You will work directly with our Founder and Chief Product Officer to identify and build the product features for our financial app. Over time, as the product grows, you’ll have the opportunity to build and manage a product team.
- Set a clear and compelling vision and roadmap for the product area you own
- Design simple and beautiful features that solve problems and drive business impact
- Drive the product development process from ideation to launch – document requirements, work closely with designers on mockups, and project-manage feature development
- Serve as primary interface between the development team and the rest of company, both for input into requirements and coordination during launches
- Produce high quality analysis on the business impact of your product area
- 5+ years experience working with product teams, with clear, demonstrable results
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice (informed by product leaders like Marty Cagan) and opinions on where product is going next
- An ability to work cross-functionally across departments to prioritize and build products that delight customers, and deliver business impact
- A strong analytical orientation; focus on data driven analytics and ability to measure success
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred
- Background in computer science / software engineering a plus
- Experience building a mobile app a plus
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)