Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices?
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. See why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
When you're a Software Engineer at Policygenius...
You’re in a thriving startup, pioneering in a vastly untapped industry. You’re part of a tightly-knit team, developing thoughtful and innovative consumer products for real people. You with your team of talented engineers, designers, and product managers, are charged with getting people the vital financial protection they need while providing them a surprisingly simple and delightfully easy-to-use experience.
Here at Policygenius, we are excited to celebrate your wins and learn from our losses, as a team. We’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies and better ways of getting things done. We’re passionate engineers who continuously strive to improve our world, the team and ourselves.
Are you like us? Do you crave a new challenge? If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work in a multi-functional product team that’s focused on impact over features
- Collaborate with partners to build a suite of products that delight customers
- Develop and improve our standards, use TDD, and pair program when appropriate
- Build best-in-class, industry-leading tools and solutions with cutting-edge tech
- Maintain a sustainable & extensible codebase for each of our different applications
- A curious mind that believes that there’s always a creative solution to any challenge
- A passion for learning and discovering new ways to hone your craft
- A desire to take an idea, band people together and ship real products for actual people
- An ability to tactfully articulate your thoughts and decisions
- A fun and diverse set of open-minded co-conspirators
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship