If you’re a Senior Art Director looking for a new gig, chances are you never pictured yourself working at an insurance company. Well, Policygenius is actually an insurtech company (insurance + tech startup). So it’s the cool techy version of insurance.
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Is insurance really a creative opportunity?
Not usually. But Policygenius is different. As a startup pitting itself against the behemoths of the industry, doing great work is key to our success. It’s also a lot more fun than making boring work.
What will the Senior Art Director do?
You’ll report to our Creative Director and partner with our Designer and our Writer & Social Strategist to make Policygenius a household name. You’ll work on everything from out of home, to social, display, TV, activations, direct mail and more.
- Concept and art direct brand work across all our comms.
- Build our visual tone alongside our verbal tone, and differentiate Policygenius in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Design teams to evolve our brand experience.
- Take an idea from strategy, to insight, right through to hands-on creation.
- Be able to present well internally and communicate a vision clearly.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze performance and make recommendations on advertising design, site design or features to improve the effectiveness of our advertising and product.
- Identify and proactively pursue new marketing opportunities.
- Ensure visual consistency across all marketing efforts.
- A portfolio of strong ideas, beautifully executed.
- Excellent design and visual communication skills.
- Experience working in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (Premiere Pro, Sketch preferred)
- Solid understanding of production.
- BS degree in Design, Advertising, Film, or related field.
- Minimum 6-8 years combined experience in design and art direction.
- Minimum 5 years working in an agency as an art director. Agency experience a must.
- A sense of humor lol
Working at Policygenius
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join!