Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role…
Fun fact: when asked about what they value in coming to work every day, 9 out of 10 Policygenius employees we surveyed mentioned the Policygenius team:
“I enjoy working with talented, hilarious people...who immediately elevate my work.”
“It’s great to work with individuals who value not only their personal work, but the people around them as well.”
“...this roughly translates to amazing people who help each other out to get their best work done as a team.”
We believe that recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, and has a profound impact on our company culture and employee experience. As a recruiter on the People team at Pg, you will play an integral role in building and retaining our extraordinary team, driving hiring strategy and managing the day-to-day of a busy recruiting pipeline. You will serve as a trusted partner to your hiring managers and a transparent advocate for your candidates, always striving for the best possible experience for everyone involved; and you’ll collaborate across teams to impact strategic people initiatives across the organization. This role reports to the Director of Recruiting & Talent Strategy.
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a variety of requisitions, including sourcing, resume screening, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, and coordinating offers
- Source active and passive candidates through creative and thoughtful sourcing methods
- Create all components of a successful interview process including job descriptions, interview plans, and offers
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for engaged candidates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback and facilitate an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Support Pg’s values-driven culture by leaning in across multiple facets of the employee life-cycle: including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, and employee fulfillment
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in an entrepreneurial or agency environment; tech recruiting experience is a plus!
- Track record of success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage and hire exceptional talent
- A passion for “relationship-motivated” recruiting and building long-term relationships with prospective candidates
- An empathetic communication style and an ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences
- A metrics- and process-orientation and a passion for clean data
- Impeccable follow up and attention to detail; comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates and juggling multiple priorities at once
- Experience with recruiting tools (ATS, LinkedIn, etc) and techniques
- Passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need and help them feel good about it!
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)