Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Customer Service at Pg
Do you enjoy solving problems for customers? Are you able to think like a salesperson, problem solve like analyst & put yourself in someone else's shoes? All while delivering an exceptional customer experience? Yes? Keep reading.
The customer service team at Policygenius prides itself on putting our customers at the center of all we do. We work with inside sales, case management,customer success, and quality assurance to provide the best insurance shopping experience ever (It’s a thing now). Our mission is to help iron out the kinks for clients who have had a bumpy experience. We want our customers to feel at ease--as if they are talking to a friend or family member.
The work we do is no walk in the park--but it is super rewarding and has an immediate tie to Policygenius’ mission. You will get to exercise problem-solving on-the-fly, out-of-the-box thinking, and versatility. Issues? We'll take care of it. Complexities? We'll solve it. Questions? We’re all over it. Intrigued? Then come and join our team!
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews
- Ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience with regular status updates and an emphasis on customer retention and speed to conversion
- Collaborate with the case management team with follow-up on outstanding requirements from customers and conduct regular customer follow-up on outstanding applications, exams, and phone interviews
- Address customers’ questions about the underwriting process, carrier requirements and other service issues in a professional manner and through multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, chat, and SMS)
- Master the workflows and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Partner with Sr. CSRs to resolve customer escalations as they relate to all parts of the sales and underwriting funnel
- At least 1 year of customer facing work experience
- Willingness to obtain your life insurance agent license within 30 days of employment
- A customer centered mindset -- motivated by solving problems for customers and your team
- Strong communication & effective listening skills with an attention to detail
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to learn & grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)