Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Do you want to be a part of a world-class operations organization whose insights influence the trajectory of a business? Are you passionate about finding insights from data and translating them into action to shape the Operations of a business? In the Strategy and Business Operations Lead role, you will focus on data analysis and reporting to impact both day-to-day business and key strategic initiatives within the Operations organization. You will work closely with cross-functional business stakeholders to deliver data-driven solutions, while also partnering with leadership to understand and implement key improvements to processes. This role reports to the VP of Operations.
- Lead a team representing the Business Operations, Quality, and Training functions of the Operations organization
- Analyze both real-time and historical Operations data to produce recommendations and identify opportunities to maximize efficiency, improve performance, and meet business goals
- Identify trends that signal new opportunities, challenges and dangers; recommend actionable processes and tactics to address issues as they arise
- Lead strategic initiatives that require support from people across the company and collaborate with cross-functional teams on the Finance, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams
- Build strong working relationships with external partners, including vendors and insurance carriers, to help represent the interests of Policygenius in its efforts to improve customer experience and the Operations organization
- Establish and enforce organizational standards and training to maintain quality service
- Collaborate closely with Operations leaders to ground team decision-making and strategy in data and insights
- Work closely with the VP of Operations to make strategic decisions, prioritize within Operations, and meet and exceed organizational goals
- 7-10 years of experience in operations, business operations, consulting or a related field; ideally in a complex and evolving environment
- Strong business insight and strategy paired with people management experience; track record of coaching effective teams
- Experience leading complex cross-organizational projects with multiple stakeholders
- A desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes without complete information
- An ownership mentality; willing to take the wheel and take on new projects and initiatives
- Appreciation for a well-placed gif!!
Working at Policygenius…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)