Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role:
Policygenius' Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Staff Reporter will help us create best in class editorial content for our Magazine and Learn Centers. They will tell interesting, newsworthy stories and come up with innovative and accessible ways to teach people about money.
The Staff Reporter will also work closely with our Senior Editor of Personal Finance, Editorial Partnership Manager and Content Strategist to conceive, execute and write stories based on publicly available data, proprietary surveys and in-house data to bolster brand awareness for Policygenius from readers and media outlets. This role will report to the Senior Editor of Personal Finance.
- Excited about joining a fast-growing startup
- Skilled at writing educational, engaging and reader-friendly stories
- Have an eye for numbers, patterns and the (often-unexpected) stories they can tell
- Passionate about helping people improve their financial health
- Curious to a fault -- you’ll test your thesis and keep working a problem until you find a solution that works
- Conceive, research, report and write editorial content, including data-driven features, news briefs and educational explainers
- Collaborate with our Content Strategist to produce infographics, quizzes, calculators and interactive components to optimize new and existing decision support content
- Ideate and execute on investigative journalism, using internal and external resources
- Assist other members of the content team with writing and editing as needed -- teamwork makes the dream work!
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years editorial experience,
- Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
- An interest in crunching & synthesizing data
- Knowledge of personal finance fundamentals
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Basic visuals (graphics, charts, etc.) development and editing skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and other data analysis management tools
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)