Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role:
Policygenius' Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Data Reporter will help us create best in class educational and editorial content for our insurance Learn Centers and Magazine. They will gather, extract and analyze data to tell interesting, newsworthy stories and come up with innovative and accessible ways to teach people about money.
The Data Reporter will work closely with our Senior Editor of Personal Finance, Editorial Partnership Manager and Content Strategist to conceive, execute and write stories based on publicly available data, proprietary surveys and in-house data to bolster brand awareness for Policygenius from readers and media outlets. This role will report to the Senior Editor of Personal Finance.
- Excited about joining a fast-growing startup
- Obsessed with numbers, patterns and the (often-unexpected) stories they can tell
- Skilled at writing data-driven, reader-friendly stories reader-friendly
- Passionate about helping people improve their financial health
- Curious to a fault -- you’ll test your thesis and keep working a problem until you find a solution that works
- Conceive, research, report and write data-driven editorial content
- Fact-check and edit data-driven content produced by other editorial team members
- Collaborate with our Content Strategist to produce infographics, quizzes, calculators and interactive components to optimize new and existing decision support content
- Ideate and execute on investigative data journalism, using internal and external resources
- Assist other members of the content team with writing and editing as needed -- teamwork makes the dream work!
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years editorial experience with a focus on data-driven content
- Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
- An interest in crunching & synthesizing data
- Knowledge of personal finance fundamentals
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Basic visuals (graphics, charts, etc.) development and editing skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel and other data analysis management tools
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)