In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Do you want to be a part of a world class analytics organization whose insights influence the trajectory of a business? Are you passionate about finding insights from data and turning insights into action to shape all parts of a business? In the Business Intelligence Analyst role, you will focus on data analysis and reporting to impact both day-to-day business as well as key strategic initiatives across the enterprise. You will work closely with business stakeholders to deliver data-driven solutions while also working closely with data engineers to better understand our ETL systems and processes. This role reports to the Head of Business Intelligence / Data.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to address business questions and diagnose problems; apply both creative and rigorous analyses; and drive insights into actionable business decisions
- Work with the operations team to drive efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Work with the marketing team to support a world class growth engine
- Work with the engineering team to develop algorithms that continue to drive fintech innovation in the insurance industry
- Work with finance to accurately track and analyze the financial health of the company
- Work across the entire organization to help define, set, and track KPIs and OKRs for success
- Participate in company strategy development and operational capacity allocations
- 2-4 years of work experience in data analysis, market research, consulting or similar
- Demonstrated general problem solving skills using data and statistics
- The desire to not only tackle a variety of business problems but also provide insight
- Expertise in Excel and SQL working with diverse data sets are a must
- Proficiency in Tableau or similar business intelligence platform, (e.g. Qlikview, Domo, etc.) is strongly desired
- The ability to pick up new skills and domain knowledge quickly
- Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
- Strong attention to detail and self-management
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, and/or social sciences is strongly preferred
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)