In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a huge impact on a growing startup with a mission to impact hundreds, thousands, potentially millions of people? We’re looking for a Sales Associate with deep Property & Casualty product knowledge to help develop and launch a new product vertical and open an exciting new chapter in our growth story. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with members of Pg’s leadership team to build, launch and scale an integral part of our growth strategy.
- Play a major role in building out a new Property & Casualty insurance product line for Policygenius
- Cross-sell and up-sell to existing Policygenius clients (no lead generation required!), conducting initial sales and closing calls and providing best-in-class customer service throughout the sales and underwriting process
- Coordinate with our brokers and carriers to efficiently communicate our clients’ needs
- Collaborate with sales & product management to identify trends and drive our cross-sell philosophy and value proposition
- Partner with the business and technology team to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the new P&C product
- Review existing client coverage and research products to improve their protection
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- 5+ years of insurance sales experience and an active Property & Casualty insurance sales license
- Deep product knowledge and experience selling home & auto to the standard/preferred segment of the market
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- A service mindset – motivated by solving problems for clients and your team
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset – you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Ability to communicate precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately
- Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
- Strong attention to detail and self-management
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)