POKER POWHER was founded in 2019 on the belief that teaching women a game of skill could transform the next generation of female leaders. With a goal of teaching one million women to play, POKER POWHER is flipping the table and we’re bringing our own chairs. We’re teaching women to play poker—not for money but for a pot of skills much more valuable: confidence, risk assessment, discipline and strategic thinking. Today, we look for those who share the drive and dedication to help us continue to build the unique organization that is POKER POWHER.
As a Collegiate Brand Ambassador, you will work directly with key members in the organization to recruit new members and grow our brand. We seek those who share our mission and want to expand our reach across college campuses both in-person and virtually. Ideal candidates bring creativity, ambition, event organization, strong communication and social media marketing skills. You’ll need to be accountable, goal oriented and have the ability to work quickly to a hard deadline.
- Define and collaborate on the POKER POWHER collegiate club membership recruitment plan
- Establish a target list of schools/programs for new POKER POWHER clubs
- Work with POKER POWHER leadership to roll out grassroot recruiting efforts across college campuses both in person (where permitted) and virtually
- Successfully recruit a minimum of three new clubs (8 members minimum per club or 24 new members) each month
- Serve as primary point person with the schools/clubs/members during club onboarding
- Engage with POKER POWHER’s social media and increase audience engagement
- Work with the Collegiate team to develop and support new programming
- Establish and participate in your own POKER POWHER club
- Currently registered student at a North American university
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Availability to work 10 hours per week from June to August (At its discretion, PEAK6 may extend your contract into the school year)
- Open to high school seniors and undergraduates
- Strong organization, communication, project management and decision-making skills
- Grassroots organization skills/community leadership skills
- Previous experience of organizing or hosting clubs
- Ability to meet targets and deliver on goals on time
- Demonstrated skills with social media and viral marketing is a plus
- No poker experience required. Enthusiasm for poker and knowledge of the game is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- This is an hourly paid position with additional incentives for each club you create.
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology into our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and even sports management. We have both built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes our proprietary trading business, a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsourced technology platform for flood insurance, a leading e-sports organization and much more.