Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: TCG e-Commerce Merchandising Manager
Job Summary: Join the digital journey of the Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) and be part of our exciting growth! The TCG E-Commerce Merchandising Manager will be responsible for ensuring our product content and digital campaigns are optimized for online shopping, provide the best-in-class shopper experience and drive conversion on E-Commerce platforms such as Amazon.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Understand the online shopper journey of Pokémon TCG products
- Establish detailed specifications of content needs for major online retailers in line with best practices
- Create an online content calendar to plan asset and copy of the whole TCG line-up to ensure a timely delivery in line with company launches and key events.
- Coordinate with Design, Marketing & Retail Marketing teams to gather required assets and copy texts
- Work with localization teams to ensure content is translated as required
- Create or adjust copy and key words for SEO and conversion optimization when necessary
- Upload content on B-to-B platforms within deadlines required
- In collaboration with Senior Sales Manager and Retail Marketing team, create a best-in-class digital shop in shop and track key metrics for continuous improvement
- Support Key Account Managers on search campaigns with digital retailers for maximum visibility and sales
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience
- Demonstrated ability in e-Commerce working as a content manager, or e-merchandiser with emphasis on optimizing the online shopper journey
- Strong project management, organizational, and problem solving/troubleshooting skill
- Team player, willing to support and enhance the activities of other members of the team and wider business.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Experience with Amazon back-end portal (Vendor Central)
- Fluent in German is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with CSS, Photoshop, HTML preferred, but not essential
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £45000.00 - 67000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between £45,000.00 – £53,200.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.