Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Social Media Marketing Manager, LATAM
Job Summary: Communicates the corporate image or products through social media networks and tools. Monitors company online communities and presence. Makes initial responses to inquiries, complaints, comments and other contacts generated through social media and coordinates escalations or further communications; analyzes responses to social media activities and makes recommendations. Represents the company message to online communities, media, analysts and the general public at large. Maintains and builds relationships with social network influencers to create marketing opportunities and drive favorable “buzz” and coverage. Writes, edits and produces social network page, blog and microblogging content for internal and external communications.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Act as the as the primary point of contact for TPCi’s social media marketing endeavors for LATAM audiences and serve as the team lead with internal and external partners.
- Develop unique and fan-focused social media campaigns to drive acquisition and retention of Pokémon fans in the LATAM region.
- Monitor and analyze LATAM social media channels to build a community of followers, enhance engagement, and report on the success of social media projects and campaigns.
- Oversee the social media editorial calendar for LATAM to meet organizational and promotional marketing goals and beats.
- Oversee social media creative, copy and project deliverables while conducting quality assurance along the way.
- Actively work with the entirety of the Digital Consumer Engagement team to create synergy between all consumer-facing digital platforms and channels (I.e., Email, Streaming, Community, etc.).
- Represents the company message to online communities, media, analysts and the general public at large.
- Define and evolve KPIs for TPCi social channels and marketing campaigns with an emphasis on meaningful measurement and actionable key learnings.
- Regularly monitor industry trends, providing timely POVs and insights on platform updates, competitor activities, tools and applications.
- Select and manage vendors for social media and digital engagement initiatives.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in both languages.
- Expertise in social media management; knowledge of how to leverage social media platforms to achieve business goals.
- Experience in a variety of social media platforms including Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook.
- Functional experience with social media publishing, listening and reporting tools and software.
- Understanding the “always on” nature of social media with a willingness to work off-hours as needed to ensure best practice, channel security, brand safety, and timeliness of messaging.
- Experience developing compelling social media campaigns and effective content strategies. Demonstrated understanding of diverse audiences including gamers, anime fans, TCG players and geek culture in general.
- Experience creating, implementing, measuring, and reporting on campaign and content performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00 This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $102,000.00 – $120,650.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: MK.DISM.P3
Internal Job Profile: Social Media Relationships Specialist (IC3)