Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst III (Trading Card Game)
Job Summary: The Business Intelligence Analyst will drive change through the development of analytics and data insight capabilities within The Pokémon Company International. This position will primarily be responsible for delivering against analytics roadmaps, owning the full end-to-end analytics process and delivering dashboards for the Trading Card Game (TCG) business at TPCi. This role will function as a data/analytics SME to stakeholders and act as the analytical go-to for insights to support data-driven decisions and increase the efficiency of the TCG business’s workstreams. In addition, this position will assist with the data strategy and data recommendations for the business. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be self-directed, and have a keen ability to identify the actionable insights hidden within complex data.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Own all parts of the TCG analytics pipeline: designing, developing, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data findings to various stakeholders
- Own, maintain and deliver the BI roadmap for each workstream of the Trading Card Game business
- Become an analytics SME for high value and high impact projects to represent BI interests
- Identify opportunities to streamline or automate data collection and improve business processes
- Create dashboards and visualizations to track key performance indicators and effectively communicate trends
- Analyze data using statistics and other methodologies to solve business problems
- Research and understand key factors in consumer behavior to inform our product development and go-to-market strategy
- Effectively scope, size, and plan the development of analytical solutions and set expectations accordingly
- Work with finance and business leaders to understand and prioritize opportunities where data and analytical insights can provide significant business value
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Expert user of SQL for data analysis
- Experience with data visualization through Tableau or similar tools
- Solid base of statistical knowledge with an ability to explain analytical methodologies simply and accurately
- Ability to work and communicate across mutiple levels (leadership to individual contributers) and different stakeholder groups
- 3+ years providing analytics in a business setting, ideally in the gaming industry
- Experience with developing automated ETL processes a plus
- Experience playing the Pokémon Trading Card Game is a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $97000.00 - 147000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Business Intelligence Analyst (IC3)