Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Import/Export Analyst
Job Summary: Responsible for the movement of merchandise and/or material in/out of the country in compliance with country, federal, state, and local regulations.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Support the day-to-day import/export activities (transactions) in the UK/EU region including daily interaction with TPCi’s customs brokers, freight forwarders and third-party logistics.
- Convert sales orders into transfer orders in our ERP system with a high degree of accuracy and meeting all SLAs.
- Support operational/transactional requests in coordination with internal cross-functional partners.
- Prepare, communicate and execute timed product release shipping plans with warehouses and freight forwarders to hit deadlines.
- Ensure that the delivery and supply chain processes for the product are operating smoothly and cost-effectively.
- Ensure shipped transfer orders are processed and received in our system efficiently.
- Support ongoing initiatives to improve the team processes.
- Arrange booking, shipping and customs clearance of inbound cargo to the US and UK to support E-commerce business.
- Other duties as required.
What you’ll bring
- 3 years of experience in import/export operations.
- Meaningful experience in multiple EU-countries, or cross-border intra-EU preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel user.
- Experience using MS Dynamics AX and Atlas 6.1 or other ERP systems.
- Familiarity with the Pokémon brand and TPCi processes, organization, and culture a plus.
- Hard working, focused, quick, with great attention to detail; able to complete a high volume of work quickly with a low incidence of errors.
- Positive attitude; enjoys finding the positive in challenging situations.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Able to work independently and take direction.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: €43000.00 - €64000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.