Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job Summary: The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing and executing the category management strategy and processes for respective indirect spend category(s) to ensure that category(s) consistently meet business needs. Activities include developing and implementing the category strategy for respective categories, analyzing the demand/supply plan, developing sourcing strategy and facilitating the sourcing process. This role is part of a Hybrid work environment.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- CATEGORY MANAGEMENT -Develop category strategies for respective group of indirect categories in alignment with overall Category Management objectives, including:
- Develop the formal category requirements aligned to business priorities and Category Management objectives
- Develop category strategies based on analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements
- Evaluate and analyze annual spend data, external market data and other necessary information to support the Procurement Leader in enhancing, updating, and validating category-specific strategies
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop build influence, evaluate, and change the status quo. Identify and obtain buy-in for category strategy and value opportunities
- Actively drives value beyond cost -i.e., risk mitigation, operational efficiencies, innovation, etc.
- STRATEGIC SOURCING– Coordinate and implement strategic sourcing initiatives for assigned icategories, including:
- Execute strategic sourcing projects using best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total value in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
- Executes strategic sourcing initiatives following the 7-step sourcing methodology
- Assess supplier capabilities and identify new suppliers
- Prepare and present business cases and should-cost models; performs complex data analysis and build financial models (i.e., ROI, NPV, supplier scorecards, savings tracking, make vs. buy decision models)
- Analyze and summarize RFP responses and results and prepare recommendations for Senior Management
- Ensures savings are delivered in a timely manner and that TPCi realizes expected benefits
- Oversee and negotiate business terms within Master and other agreements for respective categories within TPCi Legal’ s established risk framework.
- Coordinate drafting and negotiating Terms and Conditions with Legal
- Identify and escalate legal risk to Legal department.
- SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT– Manage supplier performance within the supplier relationship management framework and category strategy
- Establishes and manages the governance processes with suppliers and outsourced partners for categories in scope
- Implements strategies to best manage the supplier base for categories in scope, reviewing suppliers against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations
- Provide feedback on performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
- Execute supplier performance measurement framework and develop stakeholder guidelines in conjunction with Category Management strategic objectives, leveraging Performance Management information as appropriate
- Identify and manage supplier risks and risk response plans
- Schedule, manage, and facilitate supplier relationship management meetings / reviews
- Develops implementation and transition plans acting as a change agent
- Implements and drives procurement strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Enforces compliance to procurement policies and works to increase adoption
- MEASUREMENT - Provide guidance, coaching and support to the business with regards to category strategy, strategic sourcing and demand/ supply planning
- Develop, measure, maintain, benchmark and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Continuously research Category best practices and new trends that could be implemented for TPCi
- BUSINIESS STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS- Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Spend Analysis (Excel – Tableau – Other)
- Strategic Sourcing
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Supplier Performance Management
- Market Intelligence & Analytics
- Stakeholder Management
- Demand/Supply Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Goods and Services Technical Knowledge
- Project Management
- Negotiation Skills
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $87000.00 - 133000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: CB.SPMF.P3
Internal Job Profile: Procurement Manager (IC3)