Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Sr. Payroll Analyst
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Payroll Operations & Compliance, this Bellevue, WA based role will manage the bi-weekly processing of the U.S. multi-state payroll. This position is also the primary contact for processing all time and attendance functions, data gathering, audit and review of employee data, payroll input, and updating of our budgeting tool, expense, and travel tools. There will be frequent interfaces with employees as the role will also act as the primary contact for all employee inquiries related to payroll in the U.S. office. This position requires a confident individual with high levels of professionalism and organizational skills who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will maintain attention to detail and be thorough in completing work tasks.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Collects, audits, and enters payroll information according to established payroll cut-off and processing schedules.
- Review all changes submitted to payroll
- Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks or payroll reporting.
- Initiate notification system for timecard due dates within Payroll system and review electronic timecard data to ensure accuracy and follow-up with associates and managers on any errors each pay period.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of city, state, provincial, local, and federal legislation affecting payroll; understands and follows applicable provisions.
- Input of all payroll data
- Back up to the Senior Manager
- Work with the team to gather and analyze customer business and technical requirements and support the payroll module in Workday
- Design, build, and test solutions across different product platforms
- Apply Workday’s methodology on customer project teams to help customers achieve a high degree of success and satisfaction
- Apply various Workday technologies and techniques to a wide variety of projects
- Coordinate, troubleshoot and manage system integration issues to resolution
- Partner with customers to assess the scope of the request and determine estimated timeframe needed to complete
- Work with customers to identify and resolve all issues that could impact project/issue resolution timeframe
- Ensure customer business requirements are clearly defined, documented, communicated, implemented, and tested for all assigned projects and/or tickets for resolution
- Consult with customers on a variety of data integrity issues
- Troubleshoot payroll issues: pay processing, Timekeeping, pay adjustments
- Maintain, manage, troubleshoot payroll integrations (complex technical integrations)
- Optimize Workday payroll business processes, configuration to better suit our organization
- Be familiar with SDLC – documentation, testing, compliance procedures for IT audit
Internal customer service
- Serves as first point of contact to general payroll inquiries.
- Provides guidance on any timecard inquiries.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training.
Reporting & Administration
- Audits new hire data entry from People Team.
- Ensures payroll issues are escalated and resolved promptly.
- Coordinate with People Team for any new hire information.
- Assists with end of year payroll processing.
- Assists with the review of employee W2 annually.
- Other projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of related experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Workday Payroll experience is a plus.
- ADP Smart Compliance experience is a plus.
- Concur and Egencia experience is a plus.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $107000.00 - 162000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- PTO-paid time off
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- Wellness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: FI.PRMF.P4
Internal Job Profile: Payroll Analyst (IC4)