Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Director, Software Engineering (OP)
Job Summary: Leads the design and development for Organized Play (OP)
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Lead, manage, and develop the teams of software engineers behind Organized Play (OP).
- Deliver a highly-available, forward-looking platform built using best practices and modern technology.
- Develop a roadmap for the portfolio and provide regular updates on progress to stakeholders.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers in working collaboratively with other technology teams and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Recommend solutions which take costs, business needs, and system impacts into consideration.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments, and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Drive a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation.
What you’ll bring
- Twelve+ (12+) years of relevant professional experience, plus five (5) years of management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and resourceful.
- Experience successfully delivering large-scale software projects.
- Experience with AWS.
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and influence at all levels.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues.
- Creative analytical thinker with attention to detail.
- Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption with emphasis on quality and execution.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $182,000.00 - $277,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: EN.SOMF.M5
Internal Job Profile: Software Development Mgmt (M4)