Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Market Development Manager
Job Summary: Manages Market Development across France and the Benelux region, responsible for on-boarding of retail locations, manages day-to-day customer relationships and plans and executes related events and projects.
People Manager: No
Play! Pokémon Stores are the foundation of our Organized Play programs. Become part of a global team that grows the network of retail locations participating in the Play! Pokémon programs around the world. As a member of the EMEA Retail Team located at our London office you will be responsible to manage day-to-day customer relationships in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa and support your manager and colleagues with independently coordinating administrative tasks and handling various internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do
Manage Market Development across France and the Benelux:
- Identifies and develops retail accounts and relationship programs designed to produce opportunities to grow the network for Play! Pokémon programs.
- Recruits, develops and manages Play! Pokémon Store partnerships and opportunity pipelines and ensures the retention, growth and customer satisfaction of retailers.
- Promote Play! Pokémon Programs with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluates program trends and provides analysis and recommendations for improvement of market performance.
- Works toward mutual goals, strategies, and objectives to build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the Play! Pokémon Store network.
- Provides for KPI analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis to suggest potential partnerships.
- Monitors and evaluates programs to assess the impact of the solutions in the marketplace and the overall success of the Play! Pokémon programs.
- Monitors competitor activity in retail and implements strategies to maintain retention and become best-in-class retail network for Organized Play programs.
- Attend key international events to sync with resellers & Retailers, Pokémon Professors and international vendors, among others.
- Manage vendor contracts, ensuring alignment with program and organization goals.
Day-to-day support including but not limited to the following:
- Onboarding of new leagues, including review and processing of league applications from Play! Pokémon Stores including administration of background check and Retail Professor applications.
- Execute roll-out of Play! Pokémon Programs to eligible Play! Pokémon Stores in alignment with stakeholders including communication with retailers, day-to-day support and reporting.
- Support, planning and/or execution of various projects and programs of differing scope including, but not limited to, Play! Pokémon Summits, Retailer Days, Trade Shows, and Store Tours.
- Day-to-day work with customer relationship management system and handling of user data of retail venues and store contacts including address maintenance and email campaigns.
- Collaborate with production and logistics to ensure timely shipping to all relevant materials to eligible Play! Pokémon Stores.
- Daily coordination and reply to customer service escalations through email and/or ticketing system, delegation where necessary, and improving workflows.
- Assist in investigation, documentation and follow-up on retail program policy compliance with internal and external stakeholders in close collaboration with the Policy Team.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Marketing, Sales or Project Management qualifications desirable.
- A great communicator, coordinator, organiser and presenter who can effectively and efficiently manage projects and engage with people.
- Business fluent English and French required, further language(s) desirable.
- Highly numerate and goal oriented with ability to independently handle and organise various types of data in day-to-day work.
- Comfortable presenting in front of professional audiences in person and online.
- Knowledge of retail development and/or grassroots play retention programs desirable.
- Ability to analyse and present information in concise overviews to peers, management and customers, including recurring reporting and training documentation.
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) and especially data organisation and analysis in Excel required, familiarity with Workfront, JIRA and Salesforce (or similar CRM systems) desirable.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £55000.00 - £83000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.